Director / Managing Director, Investment Banking
Unitus Capital was launched in 2008 as an investment bank specializing in arranging capital for companies benefiting those at the bottom of the economic pyramid in sectors including financial services, agriculture, education, health care, renewable energy and women’s empowerment. Headquartered in Bangalore and with representation in New York, San Francisco and Sydney, our team of over 20 finance professionals offer a range of investment banking services to facilitate access to venture and growth capital for businesses and to enable investment by investors seeking social, environmental and financial returns.
To date, we have successfully raised over $1.4 billion for over 70 clients in India, Indonesia, China, Philippines and Australia across sectors. Some of our key accomplishments include:
- Rated #1 investment bank with respect to deal volume by Venture Intelligence (2013, 2014, and 2015) and VCCedge (2014 and 2015)
- As a general partner with Unitus Impact, we have launched The Livelihood Investment Fund to invest in companies that increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of the working poor across Asia.
- Advised on several marquee transactions including the first IPO of an Indian microfinance institution; first buy-side equity investment in the Indian microinsurance sector; first to close multiple non-convertible debenture transactions for Indian social businesses; first to close multiple rated and unrated portfolio sales for Indian microfinance institutions; first to close significant impact investing transactions across multiple countries in Asia (including Australia, China and the Philippines) More information on Unitus Capital can be found at www.unituscapital.com
(This position will report to the CEO)
Position Summary: The Director / Managing Director will be a senior
leader within our firm, responsible for independently originating new
business, building strong relationships in the investor community,
overseeing deal execution and working towards strengthening UC’s brand.
This position presents an excellent opportunity to have a leadership
role at the firm and become a trusted financial advisor to our clients.
- Originate new business opportunities from existing and new clients.
deal execution across a variety of industry sectors and products,
including structuring capital market solutions and advising clients on
- Develop and maintain a strong network of client and investor relationships which add value to the franchise
- Strong finance, tax and legal knowledge in international capital markets. Find creative capital market solutions to client needs
- Lead the development of new product capabilities, industry sector coverage and / or lines of business
- Interface with regulators and other government bodies, as necessary
- Effectively represent the firm in public forums, including industry conferences
- Train, develop and mentor junior resources at the firm
- 10 – 15 years of relevant investment banking experience
capital markets and / or M&A transaction execution experience;
Exceptionally strong investment banking skills in one or more product
areas, especially equity
- Track record of independent deal origination / revenue generation
- Existing client, investor, and/or regulatory relationships that bring value to the organization
- Strong command of theoretical finance concepts with a desire to mentor and teach junior colleagues
- Demonstrated abilities in team leadership, mentoring and training
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of financial institutions, MFIs, and / or social investment space, a plus
- MBA or equivalent degree desirable
Desired candidates will have the ability to out-perform this job
description and have a passion for making a difference, with an ability
to thrive in a collegial, dynamic, entrepreneurial and driven culture.
Please submit a resume and cover
letter explaining how your skills and experience align with UC’s
requirements by email to email@example.com. Please include
“RECRUITMENT: MD/Director – Equity” in the subject line. This position
is open until filled.
UC is an equal opportunity employer