Unitus Capital’s extensive experience enables us to play a unique role in helping our clients access the capital they require to fuel rapid, sustainable growth for deep social impact. Our passion to see our clients scale their impact has allowed us to successfully deliver capital to them again and again.
Headquartered in Bangalore, with representation in New York, San Francisco and Sydney, our ~20 professional staff are committed to improving the lives of low-income communities. We love what we do!
Unitus Capital was founded in July, 2008 by the international non-profit, Unitus Labs and several committed leading global investors to accelerate the development of the capital markets for entrepreneurial businesses serving low-income populations in Asia and eventually globally. Since its founding, our team has established a strong track record in delivering best-in-class investment banking services. To date, we have successfully raised ~ $1.4 billion across 67 clients in India, Indonesia, Philippines and Australia across a range of diverse sectors including microfinance, renewable energy, health care, education and agriculture. We are the leader in our industry, with key accomplishments including:
- For the last three years, UC has been ranked India’s #1 investment bank, based on private equity transaction volume, by Venture Intelligence. The Venture Intelligence League Tables are the only rankings which track transaction volumes for India-based companies. This #1 ranking was a major accomplishment for UC, since we competed against many more established firms for this top position
- VCCEdge also named UC the #1 investment bank in 2015 and 2014 by deal volume.
As a co-general partner with Unitus Impact, we have launched The Livelihood Investment Fund to invest in companies that increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of the working poor
Advised on the first IPO of an Indian microfinance institution
- First to close multiple non-convertible debenture transactions for Indian social businesses
- First to close multiple rated and unrated portfolio sales for Indian microfinance institutions
- First buy-side equity investment in the Indian micro-insurance sector
- First to close significant impact investing transactions across multiple countries in Asia (including Australia, China and the Philippines)